Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Why not Iowa?

My sister just called and came the closest ever to declaring her love for me: "But but but ... Alabama doesn't even touch Missouri! You can't move there ... it's too far away." Wow, that felt good to hear! I'm comfortably close to her which I didn't know before. Maybe it's because we haven't talked in a long time, but our conversation was the best this evening. We talked, laughed, complimented. My pretty, independent, brave sister felt like a good friend. It's excellent too in general when people say how they specifically feel. My mother-in-law is being evasive and quiet, like she doesn't care if we go or stay. My parents moaned a bit, but I think they're okay now. I've received :( sad faces in e-mails and looks from friends, but my own family is pulling through for me. They care and can be direct (although direct love declaration is next to impossible!). Have I told anyone lately how I hate the indirect? With some, it's expected, I guess, but family should be there judging or encouraging or moaning, and I'm happy to report that they did. Yeah! Oh no, that means it will be even harder to leave .... !

No comments: