Sunday, March 13, 2005

Flinging books

Although I cried intermittently through the night and morning about C's situation, today was a better day. CJ and his dad went out. I spent the afternoon with my daughter, learning about the IPod and how cool it is to collect all of your songs in one small box (I want one!). We shopped and laughed and talked. Ah, that felt good.

But, this morning, I made a note to take action, so now I have books from Amazon flinging toward our door to help with future challenge and reward. The winnng books are:
1"Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome: A User Guide to Adolescence"Tony Attwood;

2"Parenting a Child With Asperger Syndrome: 200 Tips and Strategies"Brenda Boyd;

3
"Can I Tell You About Asperger Syndrome?: A Guide for Friends and Family"Elizabeth Newson;
4
"Choosing Home: Deciding to Homeschool With Asperger's Syndrome"Stephen Shsore;

5 "Homeschooling the Child With Asperger Syndrome: Real Help for Parents Anywhere and on Any Budget"Lise Pyles

Yes, my extensive list spells desperation with possibility of finding answers and hope. I'm excited and can't wait for the doorbell to ring!

1 comment:

Laura Talbert said...

I understand waiting with anxious anticipation for the postman/UPS person to deliver a package o' books! I hope you find some practical wisdom and hope for Cody, and for yourself:-)