Friday, April 07, 2006

Life grants us frames, gratifying-living-natural as we throw rocks in an amber creek. Dark toads line the bank, framing frogs against mud. I watch my son's every move with my camera lens. If I turn and look at a rustle in the weeds, he will shoot up and no longer be a boy. Why are moments intense, and even moreso when the weather soothes us? The peace promotes a feeling of time unboundedness. As if we have this moment forever. Yet, if I turn away, the time has crumpled; I've lost my attentiveness, and then I wonder: will he be gone, and might a tornado uproot us all? What is important for one to treasure? How do we accept peace and anxiety together?

I don't mean for this post to be bluesy. I just appreciate the questions that comes to mind in nature, the 'transcendence' that directly approaches when you're within it. God can be heard, inquiring of you, inviting you, replying. I have the need for more natural frames in my life.

2 comments:

Beth Impson said...

Good questions, Teri.

Just want you to know I've been reading and enjoying, just no time to do much responding in writing.

Blessings,

Beth

Fieldfleur said...

Thanks, Beth.

Shouldn't that semester be rolling around to a close before too long?
May it be a good ending,

Teri