Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It is finished, and my mind bossed my legs around successfully, up the hill, through the Budweiser complex past the Clydesdales, up the hill, past the interstate, up the hill, and down across the finish line. Thirteen miles warranted an **impressive** medal (which I think I've lost), a free bag of Panera bagels, an aluminum foil blanket .... and most importantly, two hours and nineteen minutes with my best friend from high school! We rarely see each other and just recently reconnected. She's still an amazing Christian with a beautiful spirit within. That was the inspiring part of the run. Thankful. Priceless.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for you! Congratulations, and I'm glad you were able to spend time with an old friend.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful post about a wonderful day! :)

Rebecca said...

You go girl! Congratulations!

I used to run but have since grown fat and sluggish from comfortable living and rich foods (just kidding... it was actually from babies and lack of exercise!) You have inspired me to try again. Do you run every day?

Fieldfleur said...

Thanks all!

Becky, I typically only run three times a week. To train for this, I just increased my mileage on the weekend run, gradually.

It has really helped to find other women who run too. Perhaps there's a running club in your area? I love feeling healthy due to running, and it's a great time to be outside too. Keep me posted if you try to get back into it!

Teri