Wednesday, September 14, 2005

"...an insight came to me: that I'd been focusing almost entirely on being a "writer," on how my work would reflect upon me, whether it would be seen as the product of a professional or the vainglorious rubbish of an amateur. I realized that this self-consciousness was crippling, that the real question was not how others perceived my writing, but my relationship with the writing process itself and the characters I'd created."--Robert Charles Wilson

My Monday spirit-friend gave me this quote, and I love the part about the 'relationship' to one's process and creation. I can do relationships much better than chiseling out in the cold with nothing to hold onto. It's an interesting angle to think about, which might actually offer a difference. Always needed.

No comments: