Sunday, July 24, 2005

My husband said that I looked cute in my torquoise shirt and shoes and matching earrings and shortish jean shorts. He reached over and kissed me a lot today. In the marital day-to-day, I've noticed an alternating flow of tension (over housework), relaxation (with reading material, or television, or movies), tension (over children), and relaxation again (now, while he is watching a movie, working on files for tomorrow, and I am writing, reading, waiting on the teenager).

The times of tension kill me. I'm not good at being accepting of his stress. Don't I know by now that he needs to have it, needs to let it burn and sputter out, that he has a right to it? Often, I want to interfere as the peacemaker -- as the peacemaker to my own sense of quiet comfort.

Earlier today, I took my long bike ride and stopped and sat by a lake. There I prayed specifically about my wifehood because at times it seems a bit fuzzy and full of gazes elsewhere. I have a husband who still grabs me and thinks of me as beautiful; no one is better for me than him. So, again, I send this relationship upwards so that it can float down recognized for the beautiful dream it is. Please make it yours, Father.

Here's an interesting quote about it too ...........>

"Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes, in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to." J.R.R. Tolkien.

No comments: